Monday, August 2, 2010

UAE Going Away Party



The time has arrived where the good-byes are needed. Although this new adventure in my life hasn't hit as a reality yet, it IS right around the corner. I look at the packed suitcases in the living room, my "dresser" that once held my clothes is now a cardboard box, and I don't have a car....my life is at the mercy of everyone else and in a suitcase.

My friends and family gathered on Sat. July 31st @ 7:00 to say their goodbyes....bid me farewell and best of luck...and reveled over old memories. Conversations were alive, we were recreating old times, and doing what we do best: continue our friendships, our bonds, and cherish each other's company. I love my friends and family!

So, I sit and await my actual departure date (within the next 10 days if you can believe that)! I have said my good-byes to the best of my ability, for now.

Remember, I WILL be back! I will be on a two year journey, trip of a lifetime, and great learning experience for myself. I will come back with stories to share, things to teach, and advice on places to go. :)

Good bye to all of my friends and family....I love you all dearly. Keep in touch and be sure to follow this amazing journey around the world with me!

3 comments:

  1. Erin--As your departure approaches, we all will be thinking of you as school begins again. It won't be the same without you. Your blog is great to keep up with the adventures you will soon begin. Have a wonderful time and keep us posted!!!
    Nancy Warcken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Erin,

    Forget about what Elenaor Rosevelt and Martha Washington have said in the past. You are looking to your future, so create your own sayings, like......."Hey, let's get a taxi and do some shots or something!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA.....I don't know if that last comment was from Kristen or Debbie, but it made me laugh SO hard.

    I def. hope that I get to post some new sayings....I can't wait!

    In fact, you have inspired me to write another blog, using just that saying.

    ReplyDelete