Saturday, January 1, 2011

I say Hello, You say Goodbye...

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day. -Edith Lovejoy Pierce


Hello 2011 and Goodbye 2010!!

Each year I tell myself that I am going to loose weight, become better organized with my life, and do new things. And although I started some of those in 2010, I still have more to do.

- In 2010, I started doing new things: I moved 7,000 miles away from home and I am living/working in Abu Dhabi.

- I have lost weight, not quite to my goal weight, but I am getting there....slowly but surely.

- Organized life...at this rate I don't think anything can be organized. I am in a new country with everything new to do....so life will be as organized as possible. Most of my life here is not and is very last minute.

Ringing in the new year, Abu Dhabi style:

Some of my friends and I went to a house party. Mingling with all sorts, meeting new people and old friends...the night was full of good laughs and memories.

Well, here it is, a new year. A new year with a clean slate, new choices, and new opportunities.

I have decided NOT to set goals this year, for I don't want to fail at them. Instead, I am following in the footsteps of a friend of mine, whom I think has a GREAT way of making New Year Resolutions, and I am going to name my year! So in the midst of a thyroid issue, knee surgery, and laziness....I am naming this my "YEAR OF HEALTH!"


In this year of health, I am going to become a healthier person, inside and out. I am going to better myself throughout the year in prep to yet another new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment